The primary functions of this role are to:
- Develop and implement improvement projects.
- Develop and improve process documentation.
- Drive out defects in the process and enhance overall productivity, safety and quality by collaborating with production teams and leadership.
- Responsible for the evaluation of ingredients, optimization of formulas for quality, performance, consumer-liking and profitability.
- Provides technical leadership within cross functional teams to deliver initiatives and departmental projects.
- Identifies and advances cost savings and process improvement opportunities.
- Efficiently and successfully formulates new, and improves current, products leveraging consumer/customer and marketing feedback and sensory shelf-life results.
- Employs effective interpersonal time and resource management skills to complete projects assignments. Leads multiple projects simultaneously.
- Builds and leverages strong internal/external network to gain insight, influence and information.
- Help organization stay current with applicable new technologies/ingredients.
- Supports and provides guidance to operations/engineering organizations on evaluation of new production opportunities, improving existing operations, cost-saving ideas, and trouble shooting of major problems.
- Monitor new products trends/competitive trend and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required, mechanical engineering preferred
- 2+ years in a manufacturing engineering role, preferably in food
- Proven track record of project implementation
- Sensory training, culinary experience, recipe development, tolerance testing
- Project management skills
- Problem solving ability
- Solid inter-personal skills
- Ability to teach and lead others
- Open to managing operating teams as needed (as backup or future assignment)
- Can work off shift or weekends as needed