Bowling Green, Kentucky
Responsible for the leading and coaching of the production team to ensure the efficient operation of manufacturing to meet objectives as they relate to safety, quality, production that meet or exceed customer requirements and organizational objectives.
- Motivate and lead 20-30 team members
- Responsible for employee results by communication job expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising job results, training, coaching, counselling and disciplining employees, initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining work flow by monitoring steps of the process, setting processing variables, observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel and resources, facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points while initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Reviews production plan and the assignment of employees, accomplishing work results by establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising production and employee schedules, problem solving and reporting results of the processing flow on the appropriate documentation.
- Resolve technical problems that arise and coordinate line changeovers.
- Make recommendations to improve productivity and product quality.
- Maintain daily production records and required documentation.
- Ensure the proper training is completed prior to the assignment of any tasks.
- Develop and maintain high visibility within the plant
- Ensure the proper cleaning and organization of all work areas are completed.
- Promote and participate in a safe and healthy work environment.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by recommending and attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Comply and enforce all safety procedures as required by the Health & Safety Act and/or Company practices or procedures including but not limited to the wearing of all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as specified by the Act or designated by the Company.
- Other duties as assigned by the management team.
- Possess 2 - 3 years of supervisory or related experience in a fast-paced production/manufacturing team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable in reacting to customer/management requests
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills