Grand Rapids, Michigan
The Office Manager will be responsible to manage the day-to-day office operations. This individual will serve as the first point of contact for the organization and play a key role in creating and maintaining a great office environment. Additionally, the individual will assist with various HR initiatives and other project activities.
- Manages the front desk operations during regular business hours; greets clients and visitors; answers and directs phone calls in a professional and courteous manner at all times; handles/sorts mails; creates and maintains an internal phone directory.
- Oversees the maintenance and upkeep of office areas and equipment including office layout, copier, fax machines etc ensuring the office is clean, well maintained and all equipment are functioning adequately.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Conducts periodic office inspections to ensure health and safety of employees.
- Provides executive assistance to the CEO as assigned.
- Manages relationships with vendors, service providers, and building management.
- Assists with new employee onboarding by managing seating plan and work stations, supplies, welcoming new hires, assigning keys and security codes etc.
- May assist with administrating various HR and benefits systems.
- Assures any permits/approvals required is in place for all office and equipment deliveries.
- Prior front desk experience a plus.
- Must be proficient on the Macintosh computing platform.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation, with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professional staff from varied disciplines and backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task.
- Must possess a highly-positive and service-oriented approach to working both internally and externally.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to wear multiple hats and work effectively in an emerging company environment.
- Ability to effectively handle and protect sensitive and confidential company information.