Our client in the Metro Detroit area is seeking a Substitute Teacher!
Job Overview The substitute teacher is responsible for the full schedule of the
classroom teacher. The substitute teacher is to implement the daily instructional plans of the classroom teacher in an effective manner; tomaintain a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils while maintaining proper classroom management.
Reports to building principal or secretary upon arrival to school building
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reports to the building principal or secretary upon arrival at the school building.
- Reviews with the principal, department head, or team leader all plans and schedules to be followed during the teaching day.
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which he/she is assigned.
- Teaches the lesson outlined and described in the Substitutes Teachers’ Guide as prepared by the absent teacher.
- Consults as appropriate, with the building principal, department head, or team leader before initiating any teaching or other procedures not specified in the Substitute Teachers’ Guide.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and during lunch and recess periods.
- Reports in writing on the day’s activities at the conclusion of each teaching day.
- Follow all policies, rules, and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- 64 college hours with 2.45 GPA.
- Applicants who possess a Bachelor's degree in any subject area from a regionally or nationally accredited institution of post-secondary education need not meet the GPA requirement.
- Official transcripts required prior to interview
- • Experience working with the proposed age group
- Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- Ability to CLEAR required background check(s)
All resumes received are strictly confidential. We will contact you first before submitting your resume to our client(s) for review. If you do not receive correspondence, you are not a fit for this position.
Please Forward Your Resume to Detroit@Peoplemark.com