This position reports to a Production Supervisor. The tasks listed below describe the major responsibilities of the position but should not be considered conclusive. All handbook principles apply and any directive from a member of management should be followed to the best of one’s ability.
• Lift up to 25 lbs alone and up to 50 lbs assisted.
• Stand for up to ten hours.
• Participate in inventories and work overtime as necessary.
• Obey all safety procedures and policies. Report accidents and unsafe acts.
• Read a tape measure, write clearly and perform basic math.
• Read and interpret job ticket specification sheets and ratios.
• Perform general housekeeping of a workstation and assigned common area to include sweeping and disposal of trash.
• Identify, segregate, label and quarantine defective materials.
• Perform rework of defective orders.
• Conduct an inventory of materials on floor as directed.
• Perform duties of 1st and 2nd Helpers throughout the plant.
• Operate auto stretch wrapper.
• Operate pallet jack.
• Assist the department Tow Motor Driver in the unloading and placement of materials into designated areas.
• Prepare the oncoming shift with the setup of orders scheduled.
• Perform work along side all employees when necessary. Take responsibility for production paperwork and data entry for job.
• May be asked to serve as backup Tow Motor Driver.
• May be asked to operate bander, baler or other positions of indirect labor.
• Assist other departments as directed. Job Requirements
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• High School Diploma or GED required