PeopleMark is seeking a Leak Test Engineer for our client in St. Clair, MI.
This is a Direct Hire role with a generous benefit package.
Under the direction of the engineering manager, the Leak Test Engineer will maintain equipment while developing and implementing improvements. Consult on future equipment where to support business needs. Leak Test Engineer will support, exercise technical direction within the engineering, production, quality, and maintenance team.
- Development of specifications and training on leak test systems.
- Evaluate various mechanical leak test equipment and processes for both production and pre-production environments.
- Support/conduct the maintenance, troubleshooting and verification of leak test equipment.
- Work collaboratively with Product Engineering to resolve issues and refine test processes.
- Technical Expert for the equipment advising on predictive, preventative, and reactive maintenance activities.
- Work with equipment supplier in the design, assembly and buy-off of new test equipment
- Support PFMEA test equipment.
- Coordinate the spare parts strategy for test equipment.
- Understanding of machine and product controls architecture.
- Knowledge of leak testing systems, data acquisition, and data analysis of production components.
- Work collaboratively with Product Engineering, Manufacturing Engineers and others to address build issues.
- Support plant build events and document/resolve build issues.
- Work with equipment supplier in the design, assembly and buy-off of a production-capable system.
- Lead in the execution of equipment tooling procurement, installation, debug, start up and launch in the assembly plant.
- Ability to prepare, read, write, and interpret written reports, procedures, instructions, and guidelines.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot equipment, processes, etc.
- Ability to appreciate and maintain proper level of confidentiality, using discretion and tact.
- Knowledge of weld standards and specifications.
- Knowledge of AWS and RWMA standards.
- Advanced math skills with the ability to apply to cost and analyze data.
- Computer skills in Microsoft office suite.
- 5+ years’ experience with processing and PLC control systems in a welding process environment, preferably in an industrial automotive setting.
- Experience with AutoCAD, CAD viewer programs.
- Familiar with Advanced Product Quality Planning methods.
- Familiarity with Engineering and Quality practices and procedures including PPAP, blueprint reading, GD&T, use of measuring instruments, checking aids/fixtures, mechanical testing, etc.
- Experience/knowledge in robotic programming for welding processes (Fanuc programming an asset).
Some of the physical demands of this position include sitting for prolonged periods of time, walking up and down staircases, occasional lifting, and occasional stooping and bending. Ability to work flexible hours in a fast-paced environment in order to meet customer requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED and at least a 2-year degree from an accredited technical college or post-secondary school with emphasis on Robotics.
- Fanuc DCS Certification
- Provide lessons learned to Cross Functional Team.
- Lead in the development of leak test system SORs and complementing buy-off checklist.
- Strong Analytical Problem-Solving Skills.
- Hands on engineering mindset.