CHEMIST I / $22.00 per hour
2nd or 3rd shift
The Chemist I is responsible for routine qualitative and/or quantitative analytical chemistry testing and data review on pharmaceutical raw materials, components, and/or finished products according to policy and procedures at consistently high levels with a focus on quality and efficiency
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement III system and common site approach for visual control strategies.
- Performs data review activities as required.
• Participates in and may lead some QC Team Discussions.
• Maintains adequate inventories of reagents, glassware and other supplies.
- Maintains current, complete, legible notebooks and laboratory records in compliance with good scientific and regulatory practices.
- Writes and executes laboratory investigations for known lab errors and Out of Specification (OOS) results using the current electronic deviation system and/or other QC procedures.
- Participates in investigations for PET process areas related to QC processes or data.
- Trains QC employees in good analytical techniques, methods and instrumentation based on expertise.
- Executes laboratory processes in compliance with GMPs, site and corporate policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and test methods. Immediately reports deviations that have the potential to compromise product quality.
- Performs testing on a range of samples, including chemical raw materials, components (including packaging materials), finished products, stability samples, water, and environmental samples.
- May perform sampling activities of various types in the facility (e.g., swabs.).
- Dispose of flammable materials in the <90 day accumulation container.
• Maintains and troubleshoots testing equipment.
• Performs project work.
• Trains QC employees in GMP, SHE, QC methods and processes.
- May serve as an expert in a specific area of laboratory equipment, process, or system.
Essential for the role:
- Bachelor of Science degree, preferably in Chemistry or a related discipline.
• 2 years laboratory experience.
- High level of knowledge and competence with a specific piece of laboratory equipment, or a QC/QA process or system.